Late and cheating, besides: Bloomday in Buffalo



Nonetheless, I've very proud of this Grand Soleil d'Or narcissus, which I planted and gave as a gift at a holiday party. I have no idea of when it actually bloomed, but I do know these take much longer than the average paperwhites—maybe even eight weeks. Anyway, the recipient didn't send me this image until yesterday so: voila!

Of course, I could display some miserable pictures of the few half-petrified snowdrops I've seen outside, or maybe some even more pathetic and very unpromising hellebore buds. I don't think so.

I'm so impressed by these that next year I may keep some around for myself. They justify their difficulty.

Comments

Annie in Austin said…
Nice gift, EAL! And at least you will someday see those snowdrops or Hellebores. They won't grow in my climate, so I hope you post photos of yours.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose
Carol Michel said…
My hellebore buds seem unpromising, too. They are there, but seem frozen. I don't know if it was the February snow they were buried in for weeks, or what their problem is.

I do like this little narcissus though. As they say, better late than never.

Popular Posts