What happened to fall?


It fell. Usually I look forward to Thanksgiving weekend as a good time to at least pretend to rake some leaves before I give the job to a neighborhood wino, but this time next week, I don’t think there will be any leaves left.

Not that I’m complaining. The early chill and leaf fall, followed by milder temps, encouraged me to get all my bulbs in before it got too cold. The outside ones, that is. I still have 75 hyacinths and 30 or so tazettas to get into pots of some sort. There are about 100 in the root cellar now. Maybe more. I’ve lost track.


Slowly, all the furniture and décor has disappeared from the patio, while the fish have been adopted by someone with a deeper pond. It’s pretty bare out there, but with some attractive color, as you can see from these images. Which will have to suffice for GBBD. There is more, but the late fall hydrangeas are always my favorite.

Comments

Wally said…
Very pretty muted autumn colours.
xoxoxo said…
SOB!!(That is me crying loudly, not calling you a son of a B%$#&)
I do not have the mental, dollar, plan or time capacity to plant anything this year! I will be so jealous of everyones spring pics... and my yard will be very empty!
I love your hydrangea! I'm planning for one of those too!(or many!)

Popular Posts