The small picture

I've spent countless summer hours sitting on my patio and steps, contentedly staring out at my garden, usually glass in hand. Anyone observing this might justifiably ask, "How can she stand to look at this ungodly mess? Where's the design?"

There really is no design, although you can get a better idea of where one plant ends and the other begins if you look down from a 2nd floor window. But it doesn't bother me. I'm all about the plants. Just to see that a plant has survived the winter, and is showing healthy foliage and the beginnings of flowers is enough for me. And to me a healthy plant is a full plant, preferably one that is encroaching on the territory of its neighbors. I can't stand areas of dirt in between plantings. Right now there's WAY too much dirt showing.

More wine needed.

Comments

Popular Posts