Must…finish…book…

We received a production schedule for the Garden Walk publication last week and it was horrifying for all involved. They want files by September 7. Although they seem to be demanding an inordinate amount of time for printing and binding, we must obey. Or at least come close to obeying. Now, this isn’t a big-time opus for me; the pictures will, I’m sure, tell most of the story. I am merely providing some vignettes of selected gardeners and gardens, some sidebars, and an intro. No biggie. And I’m almost there. (The designer reads this blog, so I have to say that.) I don’t know how the DVD people are doing.

And now, for something more pleasant. Here’s a nice little slide show with sound put together by GW visitor and professional photographer Mike Groll. It’s quite delightful, though it encompasses only a tiny part of the Walk. Three of my North Pearl neighbors are heard on the soundtrack and there are some nice shots of my henryis and Casa Blancas.

Mike Groll’s GW slideshow

You must click on the little arrow thingie to start it. There is audio, so speakers should be on.

Comments

Unknown said…
Your casablancas are lovely... I really drooled over that moss "tablecloth," though. So stunning in that understated way.

By the way, I got to the end of the slideshow and said, "Audio? There's AUDIO?" and had to turn my speakers on and go back through. The explanation of the garden table alone is worth having done so!
LostRoses said…
Oh, very nice! Makes me wish it was still garden tour season. I've been meaning to ask, do many people actually visit ALL the gardens on GW? Thinking back to the ones I visited here in June, I was usually worn out after about a dozen or so!
Carol Michel said…
Very nice slide show, and you have my sympathies on the deadlines. I also liked the moss table top. Quite interesting, as was the commentary.
Anonymous said…
Yes. The designer does read you blog. Quit blogging and get back to writing...

Popular Posts